RE: [INTERFACES] sequences - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Herouth Maoz
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] sequences
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
At 22:41 +0300 on 29/04/1999, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> You might try placing the INSERT and SELECT CURRVAL into a transaction
> block.

That shouldn't make a difference. Currval's scope is the entire session,
from the last call (or implicit call) to nextval to the next call.

Now, let's see if I understand right: The query works well in psql, but not
in a program? So let me ask you this - do you run the program, perhaps, as
a different user, such as the httpd or nobody user? If so, you need to
GRANT SELECT on the sequence to be able to use the currval function.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma